“How do I use an iPad?” is probably the most frequently asked question, by most newbie iPad users since it isn’t easy to discover all the functions and utilities of this gadget on your own. On the other hand, there is a possibility of gaining complete mastery of the iPad gadget.
In this article, I will share with you a few helpful tips that will start you off. We first have to register our new iPad on the Apple site and activate it. Possible reasons are to ensure it is listed in the database and approve its Apple warranty. In case our iPad gadget gets lost, tracking it will be easy.
We must have an iTunes Store account (Apple ID). This account is necessary when activating the iPad and iTunes as it gives us access via our computer which we will use to download, install applications, and do other synchronizations between our computer and iPad.
We will need an Internet connection access such as Wi-Fi. With this basic few requirements met, we can now power on and head on to register the iPad via iTunes. Here is where we will need our iTunes Store account (Apple ID)
Let me quickly guide you through a step by step set up of your iPad gadget just in case you had not done so.The following steps will answer the newbie question that comes up often “How do I use an iPad?”
- Turn on the iPad by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears. Release the power button after the Apple logo has appeared on the iPad screen.
- An image of the iTunes icon and a USB cable will show up on your screen, connect the iPad to your computer using the USB sync cable. Open and Run iTunes application from your computer
- A welcome screen with the words “Welcome to Your New iPad” will display on your iPad screen. At this point, two options will be available for you, namely “Register Later” and “Register now”. For our purposes we will choose register now.
- We will then be asked for an iTunes account. An internet connection at this point will be necessary to register our iPad via iTunes. There will be two choices available: “Use My Apple ID to Register My iPad” or “I Do Not Have an Apple ID” there is an option of creating an ID in case you did not have one.
- After going through the above step, an iPad Software License Agreement will be presented, check the available box to confirm that you Have read and agree to the said terms of agreement then Click Save and Continue.
- Next, a log in screen to enter your apple ID and password will be presented. Fill in your details and click to continue. Enter your complete data on the registration page in Your iPad.
- Finally a Congratulations screen will come up, which means you have managed to register your iPad gadget. In the iTunes menu, check for the name, capacity, software version, and serial number of your iPad. Make sure you record the information and keep it safe.
By the end of the registration we should have with us the following information, the name, capacity, software version, and serial number of your iPad. This is evidence that we have gone through the iPad setup very successfully.
Most newbies that ask themselves often “How do I use an iPad?” is because they aren’t aware of the fact that absolutely anything that you can do on your computer, is possible on your iPad gadget.
iPad video tutorials can easily teach you how to setup your mail, organize your favorite books, music and photos, watch your favorite Podcasts, video conference, make presentations, keep in touch with business associates with a lot of ease as I found out earlier on my own journey of discovery. I to was a newbie at one time, asking myself that same question how do I use an iPad?
If you have recently bought an iPad and are not good at operating gadgets, you should definitely invest a little in learning about the iPad. There are chances that you may not be getting the most out of your iPad since you are not aware of everything you can do with it. You can easily get iPad classes on the internet and with the aid of instruction books you can Beat the common newbie question How do I use an iPad? You will master the iPad in little or no time.